Lucknow University Result
Lucknow University 2018 Result Download

AND FOR DETAILS ABOUT LUCKNOW UNIVERSITY  EXAMINATION FORM HERE

Lucknow University Semester Result Are Also Available link are below  Ba Bsc Bcom 1st 2nd 3rd Year

University Of Lucknow or Lucknow University is a government owned Indian research university based in Lucknow. LU’s old campus is located at Badshah Nagar, University Road area of the city with a new campus at Jankipuram.
 Result Link Are Available Below  If you have Any Problem In Finding Result Then comment us….
Address: Lucknow University Main Building, University Road, Babuganj, Hasanganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226007
Founded: 1867
Chancellor: Ram Naik (Governor of Uttar Pradesh)
Vice-chancellor: S. P. Singh

LU is one of the oldest government owned institutions of Indian higher education. LU is organised into more than 146 colleges, and institutes, located throughout the city and other surrounding areas

Lucknow University Result

Lucknow University Result

Lucknow University Examination Form And Result  BA/ BCOM/BSC/MSC 1st 2nd 3rd Year Are Updated very Soon As Expect

our website will provide you latest jobs and Information about your latest forms And Result and providing up to date

Search Sarkarisahara in google for up to date all information whatever you want And comment below to give us feedback and what information you want

Lucknow University Result in one click 

Exam Form of Lucknow university

 

Lucknow University Result

Lucknow University Result

 

Lucknow University History; source wikipedia
The idea of establishing a university at Lucknow was conceived by Raja Sir Mohammad Ali Mohammad Khan, Khan Bahadur, K.C.I.E. of Mahmudabad. He contributed an article in then popular newspaper, The Pioneer, urging the foundation of a University at Lucknow. Later Sir Harcourt Butler was appointed Lieutenant-Governor of the United Provinces, and was also made Mohammad Khan’s well-known interest in all matters, specially in educational matters. The first step to bring the University into being was taken when a General Committee of educationists and persons interested in university education appointed for the purpose, met in conference at Government House, Lucknow, on 10 November 1919. At this meeting Sir Harcourt Butler, being the chairman of the committee, outlined the proposed scheme for the new university.

After an elaborate discussion, it was later decided that Lucknow University should be a unitary, teaching, and residential University as recommended by the Calcutta University Mission, 1919, and should consist of Faculties of Arts, including Oriental Studies, Science, Medicine, Law, etc. Six sub-committees were formed, five of them to consider questions connected with the University and one to consider the arrangements for providing Intermediate Education. These sub-committees met during the months of November and December, 1919, and January, 1920; and the reports of their meetings were laid before a second Conference of the General Committee at Lucknow on 26 January 1920; their proceedings were considered and discussed, and the reports of five of the sub-committees were, after certain amendments, confirmed. The question of incorporation of the Medical College in the University, however, was for the time being left open for further discussion. At the close of the Conference, Rs. one lakh each from the Raja of Mahmudabad and Jahangirabad were announced as the capital funds.

The resolutions of the first Conference together with the recommendations of the sub-committees as confirmed at the second Conference were laid before a meeting of the Allahabad University on 12 March 1920, and it was decided to appoint a sub-committee to consider them and report to the Senate.

The report of the sub-committee was considered at an extraordinary meeting of the Senate on 7 August 1920, at which the Chancellor presided, and the scheme was generally approved. In the meantime the difficulty of incorporating the Medical College in the University had been removed. During April 1920, Mr. C.F. de la Fosse, the then Director of Public Instruction of the United Provinces, drew up a draft Bill for the establishment of the Lucknow University which was introduced in the Legislative Council on 12 August 1920. It was then referred to a Select Committee which suggested a number of amendments, the most important being the liberalising of the constitution of the various University bodies and the inclusion of a Faculty of Commerce. This bill, in an amended form, was passed by the Council on 8 October 1920. The Lucknow University Act, No. V of 1920, received the assent of the Lieutenant-Governor on 1 November, and of the Governor-General on 25 November 1920.

The Court of the University was constituted in March, 1921 with the first meeting being held on 21 March 1921, at which the Chancellor presided. The other University authorities such as the Executive Council, the Academic Council, and Faculties came into existence in August and September, 1921. Other Committees and Boards, both statutory and otherwise, were constituted in course of time. On 17 July 1921, the University undertook teaching—both formal and informal. Teaching in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Law was being done in the Canning College and teaching in the Faculty of Medicine in the King George’s Medical College and Hospital. The Canning College was handed over to the University on 1 July 1922, although previous to this date the buildings, equipment, staff, etc., belonging to the Canning College had been ungrudgingly placed at the disposal of the University for the purposes of teaching and residence. The King George’s Medical College and the King George’s Hospital were transferred by the Government to the University on the 1 March 1921.

Eventually, The King George’s Medical College (Today’s King George’s Medical University), The Canning College,The Isabella Thoburn College provided structural as well as educational and administrational help for the establishment of the university.[2]

Campus

Old Campus Of Lucknow University
In the early days, the Canning College had no building of its own, and its scene of its activity periodically changed as one or other building proved unsuitable or insufficient. During the first twelve years, the College was shifted from its original location, the Aminuddaulah Palace, to a number of places, one after another, including the Lal Baradari. At last, it was housed in its own building at Kaisar Bagh. The foundation stone of this new building was laid by the Viceroy, Sir John Lawrence, as far back as 13 November 1867, but the work of construction was not completed until 1878. On 15 November of that year, Sir George Couper, Lt. Commissioner of Avadh, formally opened the new building.

For well over 30 years the Canning College remained in the Kaisar Bagh building, but this site was not suitable for the development of a big residential institution. The provincial Government was prevailed upon to come to its assistance and it readily consented to purchase the college building for a sum of Rs. 2,10,000/- to house the Provincial Museum. In 1905 the Government handed over to the college the extensive walled garden of about 90 acres on the north of the river Gomti, popularly known as Badshah Bagh, originally a garden house of King Nasiruddin Haidar, and, since the pacification of Avadh, the Lucknow residence of the Maharaja of Kapurthala. Of the old royal building of this garden, only the Lal Baradari, one lofty and handsome gate and one canal are still present today.

After another financial aid by Maharaja Sir Bhagwati Singh of Balrampur, the implementation of a new building started taking shape. The plans of the building were entrusted to the well-known architect. Sir Swinton Jacob, who prepared an impressive design in the Indo-Saracenic style. The plans of the building were considered by the experts to be so distinctive and elegant that they were subsequently sent for demonstration at the Exhibition held in London on the occasion of Festival of Empire in 1911.

The Central Library of the university known as the Tagore Library is one of the richest libraries in the country. It was designed by Sir Walter Burley Griffin, the designer of Australian capital city of Canberra.[3] It has 5.25 lakh books, 50,000 journals and approximately 10,000 copies of approved Ph.D. and D.Litt. dissertations. The whole library is online with its own website.

For a healthy relationship among the teachers, students and non-teaching staff, the University has created three independent bodies – Lucknow University Teachers’ Association, Lucknow University Students’ Union and Lucknow University Karmachari Parishad.

The Students’ Union has organised a few national seminars on relevant issues, worked in the direction of improving the living conditions of the students on the campus and in the hostels. It has also undertaken tree plantation and blood donation camps.

The University also provides residential facilities to teachers, students and non-teaching staff. There are over all 13 hostels for boys and girls in the University. Kailash Hall and the New Management Girls Hostel can house nearly 600 female students. Extra-curricular and employment needs of the students are taken care of by various centres and associations, such as, Delegacies, Athletic Association, Centre for Cultural Activities, Information and Employment Bureau and Centre for Information, Publication and Public Relations. An important feature of the University is the organisation of regular National Service Scheme programmes to create awareness for social service amongst the students. The University also imparts military training to the students through its NCC Wing The cadets of the Army. and Naval Wings contribute effectively to society by participating in activities like election duties, facilitating traffic control, blood donation, tree plantation, etc.

During the past 20 years there has been an extension of the University Campus. This is borne out by the fact that a huge and majestic building, as part of the New Campus, has been constructed on 75 acres of land provided by the State Government on Sitapur Road near Institute of Engineering and Technology

 

VISION AND MISSION OF LUCKNOW UNIVERSITY 

VISION STATEMENT

To develop human resource for furtherance of knowledge through teaching, research and innovation and ranked amongst the top educational institutions of the world for the better service to the humanity in general and our nation in particular.

MISSION STATEMENT

The mission of the University is, to be a University driven by values enriched with diverse cultures, to promote economic, social and spiritual advancement for an egalitarian society.

HISTORY OF LUCKNOW UNIVERSITY source;http://www.lkouniv.ac.in

The idea of starting a University at Lucknow was first mooted by Raja Sir Mohammad Ali Mohammad Khan, Khan Bahadur, K.C.I.E. of Mahmudabad, who contributed an article to the columns of “The Pioneer” urging the foundation of a University at Lucknow. A little later Sir Harcourt Butler, K.C.S.I., K.C.I.E, was appointed Lieutenant-Governor of the United Provinces, and his well-known interest in all matters under his jurisdiction, specially in matters educational, gave fresh life and vigour to the proposal. The first step to bring the University into being was taken when a General Committee of educationists and persons interested in university education appointed for the purpose, met in conference at Government House, Lucknow, on November, 10, 1919. At this meeting Sir Harcourt Butler, who was in the chair, outlined the proposed scheme for the new university.

A discussion followed, and it was resolved that Lucknow University should be a Unitary, Teaching, and Residential University of the kind recommended by the Calcutta University Mission, 1919, and should consist of Faculties of Arts, including Oriental Studies, Science, Medicine, Law, etc. A number of other resolutions was also passed and six sub-committees were formed, five of them to consider questions connected with the University and one to consider the arrangements for providing Intermediate Education. These sub-committees met during the months of November and December, 1919, and January, 1920; and the reports of their meetings were laid before a second Conference of the General Committee at Lucknow on January 26, 1920; their proceedings were considered and discussed, and the reports of five of the sub-committees were, subject to certain amendments, confirmed. The question of incorporation of the Medical College in the University, however, was for the time being left open for expression of opinion. At the close of the Conference donations of one lakh each from the Raja of Mahmudabad and Jahangirabad were announced.

The resolutions of the first Conference together with the recommendations of the sub-committees as confirmed at the second Conference were laid before a meeting of the Allahabad University on March 12, 1920, and it was decided to appoint a sub-committee to consider them and report to the Senate.

The report of the sub-committee was considered at an extraordinary meeting of the Senate on August 7, 1920, at which the Chancellor presided, and the scheme was generally approved. In the meantime the difficulty of incorporating the Medical College in the University had been removed. During the month of April 1920, Mr. C.F. de la Fosse, the then Director of Public Instruction, United Provinces, drew up a Draft Bill for the establishment of the Lucknow University which was introduced in the Legislative Council on August 12, 1920. It was then referred to a Select Committee which suggested a number of amendments, the most important being the liberalising of the constitution of the various University bodies and the inclusion of a Faculty of Commerce; this Bill, in an amended form, was passed by the Council on October 8, 1920. The Lucknow University Act, No. V of 1920, received the assent of the Lieutenant-Governor on November 1, and of the Governor-General on November 25, 1920.

The Court of the University was constituted in March, 1921, and the first meeting of the Court was held on March 21, 1921, at which the Chancellor presided. The other University authorities such as the Executive Council, the Academic Council, and Faculties came into existence in August and September, 1921. Other Committees and Boards, both statutory and otherwise, were constituted in course of time. On July 17, 1921, the University undertook teaching — both formal and informal. Teaching in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Law was being done in the Canning College and teaching in the Faculty of Medicine in the King George’s Medical College and Hospital. The Canning College was handed over to the University on July 1, 1922, although previous to this date the buildings, equipment, staff, etc., belonging to the Canning College had been ungrudgingly placed at the disposal of the University for the purposes of teaching and residence.
The King George’s Medical College and the King George’s Hospital were transferred by the Government to the University on the March 1, 1921.

The following three Colleges provided the nucleus for the establishment of the University:

  • The King George’s Medical College. (Now Known as King George’s Medical University)
  • The Canning College.
  • The Isabella Thoburn College.

This was a rich inheritance for the new-born University in 1920, both materially and intellectually, and it brought with it also the richest of all heritages “a fine tradition of some fifty-five years in the case of the Canning College and some nine years in the case of the King George’s Medical College.” To this the generous taluqdars of Oudh added an endowment of nearly thirty lakhs. The support from Sir Harcourt Butler’s Government was strong and hearty. Since then the Government of the United Provinces has annually contributed a substantial share towards the maintenance of the University.

Thanks for visit our page please Subscribe new mail for up to date in your inbox